This integrative medicine blog will be a series of informative and personal insights of my exploration in finding peaceful practices in order to improve the health of my patients.
My search for a better option led me to a field of medicine termed alternative or integrative medicine. This field uses standard medical practice in the treatment of patients as well as supplements and techniques to not only treat disease but also improve one’s well-being.
My goal with this integrative medicine blog is to improve the lives of my patients and all who read it. My posts will cover, among other topics:
- My own journey in discovering integrative medicine and using it in my practice and in my own life.
- Issues patients of mine are experiencing and how alternative techniques could be of benefit.
- Nutrition as a cornerstone for improving and maintaining your health.
- Techniques like Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT and Be Set Free Fast as methods to reduce stress, reprogram your subconscious and reverse limiting beliefs.
- Meditation as a technique to improve your self-awareness and how to use this awareness to enhance your health.
- Education of how stress affects the body through biochemical processes.
- How you can be proactive and use your intuition to find the right practices for you.
As a board-certified physician in internal and bariatric medicine who treats adults with various medical conditions, including obesity, I find that the topics above are not well understood by most people.
Nutrition, as listed above, is a key component in losing weight and it is necessary to improve blood pressure and normalize glucose levels.
Because doctors are not taught about nutrition, most people are not aware that these practices exist and their benefit.
I truly believe that alternative treatment methods can be an asset to your emotional and physical health because I have experienced so many positive changes in my own life. I hope to educate and “get the word out” to you my readers as well as enrich your lives.